SEASONAL OUTREACH PROJECTS AT THE FOOD PANTRY
Outreach collects school supplies in the summer for Apple Tree Program. They are distributed to shelter and homeless children by the VB school district.
In the fall, the John B. Dey Elementary School has a hat and mitten tree for the Food Pantry families. (Thanks to Susan and Abby W.)
We also bring bags of food to some residents at Luther Manor for the holidays.
RECYCLE. REPURPOSE. RELOCATE.
WE CAN FIND A USE!
1. Donated clothes, shoes, and household items are collected and given to a church that has a clothes closet to help the needy.
2. Hotel sized soaps and shampoos, etc, are donated to the Lighthouse or the JCOC to help the homeless.
3. During the school year you can use your link your Harris Teeter or Kroger rewards cards to benefit schools or charities of your choice.
4. Newspaper grocery store coupon handouts are collected to save money when buying stock for the Food Pantry.
5. Cloth, paper, and plastic bags are used in the Food Pantry or by clients. Extras are recycled.
6. Clean, empty prescription bottles are taken to the local SPCA veterinary clinic for re-use.
7. Empty egg cartons are used in our Food Pantry or taken to another food pantry.
8. Packing materials such as bubble wrap, packing peanuts or craft paper packing can be reused. We have two church members who use them in their businesses.
9. Adult and children's books and small knick-knacks are put on the "free shelf" in the hall for anyone who wants them, both congregation and Food Pantry clients.
10. We collect (charity) calendars, gift cards and other items to be given to the clients and congregation.