SEASONAL OUTREACH PROJECTS AT THE FOOD PANTRY
Outreach helps needy children with school supplies in the summer, and again during December with gifts from the Angel tree, mitten tree, and Christmas stockings. During holiday months, special food items are given to the clients. Social Services will provide us with names of senior citizens who are in need of a holiday meal.
RECYCLE. REPURPOSE. RELOCATE.
WE CAN FIND A USE!
1. Donated clothes, shoes, and household items are collected and given to a church that has a clothes closet to help the needy.
2. Hotel sized soaps and shampoos, etc, are donated to the Lighthouse to help the homeless.
3. During the school year you can use your key tag at Farm Fresh or link your Harris Teeter or Kroger rewards cards to benefit schools or charities of your choice. Boxtops for Education are given to a local school. Collection boxes for these and other items are in the church office.
4. Newspaper grocery store coupon handouts are collected to save money when buying stock for the Food Pantry.
5. Cloth, paper, and plastic bags are used in the Food Pantry or by clients. Extras are recycled.
6. Clean, empty prescription bottles are taken to the local SPCA veterinary clinic for re-use.
7. Empty egg cartons are used in our Food Pantry or taken to another.
8. Packing materials such as bubble wrap, packing peanuts or craft paper packing can be reused. We have two members who use them in their businesses.
9. Adult and children's books and small knick-knacks are put on the "free shelf" in the hall for anyone who wants them, both congregation and Food Pantry clients.